Google+ is the new kid on the block, so social media experts and individuals may not have tapped the potential of the social media that is supposed to challenge Facebook for supremacy. However, the rise to 170m users have people analyzing the impact and putting on their thinking caps on how to leverage the social media site.
Some interesting findings from the post include:
- G+ users spend just 3.3 minutes per month on the site, compared with 7.5 hours per month on Facebook (via ComScore)
- There are 170m users on G+ (via Google Blog)
- LinkedIn is 2.5 times more effective than G+ for sharing
- Facebook is 7 times more effective than G+ for sharing
- Twitter is 33 times more effective than G+ for sharing
Here is an infographic from Umpf to answer whether Google Plus truly is a ghost town.
Infographic and research by Umpf social media agency