Author, Jim Jensen believes that when you unleash the power of your subconscious mind, that unbelievable breakthroughs can result. In his new book, Beyond The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, he builds on the work of Dr. Joseph Murphy, and offers compelling evidence about the relationship between our conscious and subconscious mind.
Jensen provides 5 steps to creative problem solving:
- Define the Problem – Write it down. Make sure you clarify the problem and know as best as you possibly can what it is that needs to be resolved.
- Gather data. This could be data stored in your subconscious from your past experiences. You may also hire experts or consultants, research written material, browse the Internet, etc. This shouldn’t take a lot of time, but get the input you need as quickly as you can.
- Attempt to solve the problem consciously. Work on the problem. Ask yourself, is there a black and white solution here? Are there options I can look at? What are they?
- If you don’t have a clear solution, take a break and sleep on it. Turn it over to your supraconscious mind. Let your inner mind go to work for you. Tell it you need the best solution and when.
- Get your conscious mind busy elsewhere. Take a break. Go do something else. Go shopping, play golf, head to the health club, go fishing.