Entrepreneurs and business owners are always on the run. These tips from Sherri Sue Fisher, author of the book Timer™DIET provides tips for entrepreneurs and business owners to stay healthy.
- Always start out with a breakfast that is made of dietary fat, protein, and carbohydrates. Something with an egg is great. This can be made at home or bought on the go, check the internet for the actual nutritional values if you are going to a restaurant for breakfast.
- Have foods available at the office and that you can take on the go!
- Nuts—walnuts, cashews, pistachios, mixed nuts, pumpkin seeds, and all kinds of almonds
- Cheese sticks (NOT-fat free) with some fruit
- Beef Jerkey
- Cottage Cheese 4% milkfat
- Water!! Be sure to bring water wherever you go! Board meetings, client appointments, or just running an errand.
- Eating routinely throughout the day (approximately every 2-4 hours) will keep you focused and able to handle pressures. Avoid the tendency to wait until you have finished a project to eat something. Have some of the foods above on hand, if you only have a minute to eat something. If you have a meeting scheduled be sure you have eaten no less than an hour prior to the meeting.
- Know your options for the restaurants around where you work. The internet will usually provide you with a breakdown of the dietary fat, protein, and carbohydrates for menu items at your favorite restaurants. If not, avoid foods with sauces, crusted, fried, and breaded. Stick to sautéed, grilled, blackened, seasoned, baked, broiled…remember to keep your selection simple.
- Sleep 7 to 9 hours a night! It can be tempting to stay up all night on a project, but you are better off getting a good night of sleep and waking up early if needed.
- Do some activity with movement every day. This can be broken up in smaller segments, but try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in each day. Brisk walking is a great way to relieve stress that can happen in high pressure jobs and you can do 10 minutes at a time.
These tips are from Sherri Sue Fisher. She is an expert on healthy lifestyle choices. She is the author of the book, Timer™DIET. Fisher provides timely tips for your readers and can highlight simple and seasonal snack food updates and changes that make a BIG difference for the family. It’s not about counting or weighting, it’s about choosing the right foods and how often you eat. It also details the combinations of foods to insure that you get dietary fat, protein, and carbohydrates every time you eat or drink.