Virtually everyone has a desire within them that they would like to achieve greater wealth, but many doubt whether they have the ability to achieve that desire. In order to generate greater wealth, we must first acknowledge that we have the greatness within us to achieve this. Searching for greater wealth starts with this acknowledgement.
Everyone is capable of achieving great things, but most are held back by obstacles that prevent them from realizing this capability. One of the major obstacles is that we are instilled with a limiting belief that we can only achieve so much in our lives.
In truth, when you allow yourself to be bound to your current job (whether it be salaried, stay at home, self-employed or any other combination) and avoid trying new tasks/challenges, you are limiting your capacity to generate greater wealth. You’ll never know where your true capacities are and where the greatest possibilities are. This does not mean you have to leave your job. Instead, look to see what else you can add to your life. You may do your current job well enough to get a pay check, support your family, and put a roof over your head, but is that job giving you the satisfaction and wealth you really want out of life? On top of that, your current job may not give you the opportunity to show the greatness you truly are, including the opportunity to provide your best contributions to the world and receive greater wealth and more fulfilment from your work.
Five things you can choose to create different possibilities
- Assess your current position. Firstly, become aware of your limited points of view. To truly become unstoppable and generate true wealth, you must come out of any limited points of view you have created. You have to become aware of where you are functioning from, that is creating the life you currently have. The moment you take the initiative to become aware of your limitations, habits and any unconscious conditioning, you are on the path to becoming unstoppable. Secondly, acknowledge your unique capacities. To create greater wealth beyond your current job takes choice, energy, commitment and courage. The difference between people that have achieved great wealth and those that have, at best, a mediocre financial reality, is often determined by how well they have claimed, owned and acknowledged their unique capacities. So, first ask yourself these questions – What comes naturally to you? What are you uniquely good at where you can use those skills to generate revenue doing what you love? What do you love to do? When were you most in your element? How can you work with your job so you can do all this as well?
- Know what you want to create. Do you know what you want to create as your life and your financial reality? What do you really want to create as your future? It's important to ask yourself these essential questions. Where do you see yourself being in 5 years’ and 10 years’ time? What would you like to achieve? What specific targets do you want to achieve, both short and long term? When you ask yourself these questions you may find you come up with awareness and ideas that you have never considered before. Don’t eliminate any ideas because they seem impossible or a little over the top.
- Develop a strategy to create greater wealth. This strategy has the power to assist you to achieve new and different possibilities beyond today’s noise and limitations. It will allow you to know what you need to be working on, and what you must be working on first. Your strategy will serve as the vehicle for answering the question, “How can I better align all my resources to maximize my strategic success?” Choose to be ever aware and mindful, ready to shift strategy and tactics as the situation requires. Having this awareness will prioritize the activities necessary for success. Priorities make it easier to say no to distracting initiatives.
- Commit yourself to change in every aspect of your life. You have to make a demand of yourself: “No matter what it takes, no matter what it looks like, I am going down this path.” Be willing to be vulnerable and to stay open to the new, the unfamiliar, and the unknown. Be open to all possibility and be willing to look at what you can do that will generate different possibilities.
- Be willing to challenge traditional perceptions, assumptions and points of view. To create greater wealth beyond your current job requires you to become aware of the boundaries and restrictions that confine your behavior and then deliberately let those boundaries and restrictions go and step beyond them. This is not about breaking the rules. It is about renouncing the significance of your old limiting beliefs in general, and most especially those which do not contribute to your success. It is about finding more generative, dynamic, and flexible ways of being.