Surprisingly, most of the companies struggle with hiring the right candidate for the right profile because they overlook an important aspect. This important aspect is the lack of the active role of the top decision-makers such as the CEO’s in the talent acquisition process. Listed below are some of the reasons as to why the intervention of CEO’s in the recruitment process is necessary. Take a look:
- If your company is losing out on top talent, time-consuming recruitment process could be the reason. For instance, most of the companies have lengthy interview process which increases their risk of losing out on top talent. A-grade candidates don’t stay on the market for long due to the highly-competitive scenario in the recruiting market. Interview management with help of modern recruiting tools can help you bring a huge positive change. Cloud-based recruiting software such as online applicant tracking system can help streamline every step of your hiring process. Introduce your talent management team to such systems in order to simplify and make the recruitment process of your company more productive.
- Constantly monitoring the hiring metrics of your company can help you develop a top-notch recruitment process for your company. You can tweak your process wherever possible with help of automation, inclusion of modern recruitment tools and hiring software etc. You need to keep a track of the various aspects such as addressing unfilled positions and assessing the new hires two quarters after the hire to understand where hiring process stands.
- In case your hiring team lacks motivation or is lagging behind, you need to step in and help the team develop ‘hiring’ as a skill. One of the most common problems faced by companies is that the talent acquisition team views recruiting as just another ‘to do’ item. Finding the right person to fill in the right position is that sweet balance which can give you incredible results when it comes to recruitment ROI. Hence, it is important that you work with your recruitment team to build a solid recruiting strategy so that every hiring decision is approached with a unique solution.
- A CEO is the right person to determine whether or not the company’s talent acquisition process is delivering the desired recruitment ROI or not. Speedier training and optimized onboarding are important aspects with huge impact on the recruitment ROI of any company. Customized training modules can help inculcate the right skill-sets and fine-tune the new hires faster. Similarly, effective induction or onboarding program is also important to help new executives get productive sooner.
Benefits in a Nutshell:
When CEO’s take charge of the recruitment process –
- High-performance expectations are set for the candidate
- Candidates get the message that they are important for the Company
- CEO’s can get honest and direct feedback about the company’s selection process so that they can improve it as required
- CEO’s get a clear picture of where the company stands as an employer brand
The reasons and the benefits listed above emphasize how a CEO’s intervention in the Company’s hiring process can prove instrumental. As a business owner or a CEO, if you too are looking to change recruitment dynamics of your organization to make it more productive, consider adopting the primary role in shaping the selection process. This is sure to help you see some substantial positive returns on the recruitment ROI as well.
Author Bio: Kelly Barcelos is a progressive digital marketing manager for Jobsoid – Recruitment Software. She is responsible for leading the content and social media teams at work. Her expertise and experience in the filed of HR enables her to create value-driven content for her readers – both on Jobsoid's blog and other guest blogs where she publishes content regularly.