Anyone who runs an online business needs to prioritize its customer base and traffic. Regardless of how long you have had your website, the amount of traffic it has affects its credibility. An increase in the traffic driven to your site has a positive effect on the earnings of your store.
When you launch your online store, you have one vital opportunity to make a lasting impression. You need to do what you can to get traffic that can easily convert into paying customers. The following that you are able to build will serve as a reflection of your growth and progress as a business owner. There are different strategies that you can use to increase traffic that will subsequently increase revenue.
Ways to Increase Traffic
- Even a few minor adjustments have the ability to cause an increase in traffic. More traffic translates to more visibility and profitability. The importance of social media in regards to sharing information is well known. Take full advantage of social media by using features such as hash tags and participate actively by getting involved in conversations and distributing content.
- An easy to use website will be much more appealing to customers than one that is complex and hard to navigate. Visitors need to be able to move easily between posts and easily find what they want when they carry out searches.
- Search engine optimization requires you to be up to date with the keywords that you use and consistently create fresh quality content. The people who view your site want the assurance that each time they visit they will find something useful.
- Make an effort to update your posts as often as you can. This is a good indication of how well maintained your website is and your dedication. Communicate with your readers through emails that you can use to send promotional material and remind them to visit your site.
- Blogging on another site is one of the most effective methods of driving more traffic to your website. When you create posts, you get an opportunity to reach more people on other sites. Include a well-structured biography or description of who you are to encourage users to visit your site.
Analytics for Traffic Awareness
Knowing the traffic you already have enables you to know how much more you need. Using free resources such as analytics from Google will enable you to identify the sources of traffic as well as how you can get more traffic. Create links for your posts to ensure that visitors are able to locate your site and be able to see more of what you offer.
Significance of Social Networking
More traffic significantly increases revenue and effective use of social networking will be beneficial for your business. Participate in various websites that you are able to keep up with comfortably. Regular posts are essential if you want to reap the benefits of social networking.
You can choose websites according to your field of interest or industry. Choose sites that will expose you to a suitable audience and where your interactions will help you develop your business. Publicly available sites are useful towards increasing web traffic.
The more you participate, the more you will be able to establish your influence on social networking sites. Join discussions without overwhelming other users with direct marketing efforts. Establish worthwhile relationships that will create trustworthiness and cause more people to want to find out more about your site.
Features of an Effective Ecommerce Site
Having a well-designed ecommerce site is important but this is just the beginning. You need to influence the amount of web traffic you get if you want to make a positive difference to your bottom line. Improving web traffic goes a long way towards increasing revenue.
Along with making an effort to increase traffic, you also need to work on getting the right traffic that consists of customers who will contribute to the growth of your business. High random traffic that does not provide you with sales opportunities will not add much value to your site.
An ecommerce site needs to be visually appealing, responsive and optimized. It should load quickly enough and be easy to use. The traffic you send to your site should be optimized for most of your visitors in order for your objectives to be realized.
Quantify the Traffic you need
While developing your site, it is essential to have a clear marketing strategy. You need to consider how much traffic is required for your site to thrive. Begin by establishing the kind of sales you want to be able to make. This will enable you to calculate the number of visitors that will be necessary for you to reach your target.
Conversion rates are used to find the number of visitors you need on a daily basis according to the type of business that you have. The figures derived from these calculations form the basis of the plan you will implement to achieve your goals. Traffic for up and running websites can come from a range of sources that include direct URL entries, searches, search engines, site referrals and email marketing.
Traffic Sources and Sales
The source of traffic that you can directly control is paid search, which is one of the methods used to generate quick traffic. Traffic sources also have an impact on how quickly the sales can happen. The world of ecommerce is competitive and you need to be aware of what it takes to increase online sales.
Different methods work for different businesses but it is always a good idea to experiment with different sources and gauge the results. Emails, organic searches and social media account for the biggest drivers of traffic for businesses with significant revenue.
A major challenge for online marketers is to identify which channels they need to utilize to drive the amount of traffic they need. Selecting a suitable channel depends on anticipated ecommerce revenue. Focus on sources and channels of traffic that work for your specific type of business without compromising quality for quantity. Your progress can only be limited by how much you want to achieve, what you are willing to invest and the time you allocate to your business.
Lalit Sharma is an SEO consultant who runs a SEO house called Ranking By SEO. He is specialized in link building and other SEO related activities. You can also find him on Twitter, Google+ and his personal blog.