Regardless of industry, Norty Cohen, CEO and Founder of Moosylvania and author of The Participation Game: How The Top 100 Brands Build Loyalty In A Skeptical World offered a few insider tips to guide any progressive brand should adopt. They include:
- Begin with the consumer’s POV every time. Every. single. time.
- Build your activations and programs around your consumers (not your brand)!
- Be ready for change every day. (The market place is evolving and marketers need to keep up)!
- Give attention first. Then worry about getting it.
- Nurture your brand advocates. Word of mouth is your most powerful weapon.
Many of the brands Cohen works with are at different stages, and he knows it’s unrealistic to think one can change overnight. So, Cohen and his team have developed a flow chart to help you take a look at what you’re doing today and the way you’re making decisions, also found in his book. The results will help you understand your biggest opportunities.