Entrepreneurs work hard than almost any other group of people in the world. With all of the hours that entrepreneurs clock and the stress that accompanies running their own ventures, entrepreneurs typically have difficulty finding time to be healthy. Health is more than a jogging to work everyday. Health can be defined according to physical appearance, but also emotional and mental health should not be neglected.
Here are a few tips that entrepreneurs can incorporate to be healthier:
- Pay attention. It sounds obvious, but sometimes being healthy also means you need to be aware of what things you are eating or what avoidable things might increase your stress level.
- Go for a walk (or “Run Forest Run!”). A 10 to 15 minute walk can do so much to reduce your stress level. It doesn’t have to be a triathlon. A short walk can be used to clear your head and recharge your batteries.
- Work out in the morning. Morning exercisers have increased energy, better moods, eat better and sleep better.
- Take short breaks during the work day. If you just completed a major task, take a 10-15 minute break (or better yet #3) and take a breath or meditate.
- Plan. Plan. Plan. Peace comes from people knowing that everything is going according to plan.
- Eat healthy snacks. Keep healthy snacks (like almonds) by your side to boost your energy and increase your concentration throughout the day.
- Drink water. Lack of water can lead to dehydration which can sap your energy and focus.
- Develop a routine. Similar to #6, when you have a daily routine it helps you to focus on things that are more important.
- Make your health a priority. If its not a priority to improve your health, any changes you make won’t last.
- Delegate. Even heroes need help. Entrepreneurs don’t have to do EVERYTHING.
- Eat Breakfast. People who eat breakfast are more likely to maintain a healthy weight. It also helps entrepreneurs recharge their batteries.
- Move. Don’t sit still, whenever you can move around. Take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator.
- Eat more grains, fruits and vegetables. Want more energy? Heed mom’s advice. Don’t forget your vitamins.
- Meet on the court or the field or… Instead of having a meeting in the conference room, why not go to the golf course or the tennis court?
- Surround yourself with a team. As with your venture, entrepreneurs need to have a positive team that will help you meet and maintain your health goals.
- Sleep. The 5 letters are a curse word for most entrepreneurs, but getting sleep is vital to your longevity and the longevity of your venture. Also, every once and a while skip the alarm clock.
- Get social. You don’t have to go out for happy hour every day, but you can challenge one of your friends to Words with Friends or talk to your friends on Facebook.
- Balance. Even though you are in the process of saving the world, your family and friends want to see you and so does the sun. Work hard and play hard.
- Clean. Feng Shui is an ancient art and science developed over 3,000 years ago in China. It is a complex body of knowledge that reveals how to balance the energies of any given space (e.g. the office) to assure the health and good fortune for people inhabiting it.
- “Me” Time. Ensure that you schedule some time to do what you enjoy or like to do. You can’t work on your business 24/7 forever.
Free images from FreeDigitalPhotos.net